Monday 3 May 2010

Natural Magick, In the house of the desert God.



May the first has now been and gone, although Beltane true is yet still waiting in the wings.
The weekend spent in oxford, at the wedding of my dear friends Matt and Emmi.
Well! what a hum dinger of an affair that turned out to be, This old Witch never thought for one second that he would witness wild natural magic in the house of the desert god.
An old church on the banks of the Isis, watched over by an old Yew tree, over a thousand years or more, back from a time when the old religion lived happily alongside the new, I think the Priest was a little disturbed to see this old Devil and his stang, walking upon his hallowed ground, however , he was polite and courteous to me (if not a little secretly disgusted judging by the look on his face in some of the pictures, most vicars don't expect to be faced with an antler clad man on there way to work, although there are some that by their own deeds and beliefs perhaps should), a big enough man to know that this day was not for him, me or even his chosen Deity, the day truly belonged to the happy couple.
The two mentioned, performed one of the most powerful binding spells I think I have ever seen, the wild sparks of true love filled the air between them, weaving a bond that I believe shall last an eternity, The Cunning Man's eyes where truly brimming at the event, witnessed by christian and our Clan alike, all were touched.

The first reading came from the Song of Solomon, which was appropriate to the couple, the second was this by W B Yeats.

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with gold and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I being poor, have only my dreams;
And I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Read by the brides mother, a most poinient poem, The pair live a simple life upon the canal, they have little money or possessions, what they have is Love, brimming bucket loads of the stuff, and a tribe that holds them very dear.
A great day in all, the old ones allowed the weather to remain beautiful until the end, where upon the two departed west into oxford, along the river for a night of passion in a nice hotel(when I saw the happy couple the next day,they told me that amongst the obvious , they also enjoyed using the Hotel's bath, several times as on the boat a shower is all they have).
The rest of the night spent for the rest of us drinking and laughing with friends from all over the world, a time to catch up and make promises to keep in touch, most of which will not be broken, thanks in part to the thing known as Facebook.
So, a short one today, Big thanks to all those who helped Matt and Emmi's day go so beautifully ( especially my youngest Girl who was bridesmaid, J you make me proud), I left in the knowledge that I could not have done such a good job as they did for my beloved family, and as such my door shall always be open to these new additions to my tribe, there lies the rest of it really, what a marvelous family we all have become, and our love goes out to you all, more often than you might realise.
A long journey back to Cornwall, made all the sweeter by a visit to The White horse at Uffington and Wayland's smithy, Stonehenge and finally home.
Mayday celebrations in the village are today , so up for a pint or two I think.
Blessings of the Roodmass be upon all who read this.

Oh! and yes I did claim my right as Dark Fairy Godfather to the firstborn.

Flags, Flax, Fodder and Frigg.

No comments:

Post a Comment